Monday, July 6, 2015

Pipe dreams: When life gets in the way of becoming a pro-skateboarder

Kids-of-love-and-hate-24
Feed-twFeed-fb

My relationship with skateboarding runs deep. It’s a subculture that defined my childhood, shaped who I am today and inspired the photographs I take.

For nearly a decade I’ve focused my camera on the same group of guys who push themselves to the edge of what their bodies can handle. I’ve watched them grow up, have kids, get jobs and settle into their adult lives

Even as the dreams of professional skate careers have dwindled for myself and the crew I grew up with, the friendships that came from all those years of traveling and struggling to make skate videos has never faded.

Eric Hunt backside ollies in a satellite dish made into a skate spot at an abandoned building foundation in Asheville, North Carolina turned into a DIY skate spot in 2011. Read more...

More about Watercooler, Pics, Work Play, Skateboarding, and Photo Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment